TLF is looking for new writers!
We are looking for any writing that is at the intersection of pop culture, technology, and cultural analysis.
We are specifically seeking out contributors that have a unique voice on:
- Television – U.S., U.K., Spanish-speaking countries, and more
We aren’t watching as much telly as we used to, but you are!
We know nothing about sports, beyond the fact that when the World Cup is on we root for the Black Stars!
- Comics – U.S., manga, manwha, and beyond
We know what Days of Future Past means, but stopped following comics about two Marvel/DC reboots ago, so tell us what we’ve been missing!
- Video games
We still think that a guild is a medieval means of controlling production, so tell us more!
If being a regular contributor seems like too much commitment, how about writing a guest post?
We’re open to what you want to share, but these are some of the topics we won’t be writing, but would love for someone else to:
- The Chicken Lady is Awesome: why Americans are so obsessed with Downton Abbey compared with other Brit costume dramas [ed: I seriously want someone to write this – I like the show, but don’t get the extreme hype!]
- The racialized differences between use of Twitter (AKA Why is it that white people get freaked out by tweets about the BET awards)
- PSY – the remakes, the man, the anything
- Comparing post-catastrophe shows views of the world
- Episodic television (like Revenge, Friday Night Lights) versus stand-alone episode shows (original flavor Law & Order, sitcoms)
- Shows with perceived of huge letdown endings (Buffy, Lost, Battlestar Galatica) and why (or why not) this matters
- Scandal and its realness (or not)
- The Mindy Project: Good, bad, whatever
Send us your post, pitch, or generally what you got to firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Gabriel Nelson and I am working alongside a technological company, who are seen as experts in their field. We are looking to feature our content with only one back link to their website. We have one piece that is on new data trends that has already been written and is totally original. Right now I am looking to give it a home. Let me know if you might be interested in it.
Thanks so much,